Students had a lot of fun with this project!
1. Set up a still-life with objects of various shapes, sizes and textures.
2. Using Sharpie on acetate, have students draw the contour lines of the objects and be sure that lines overlap one another.
3. Students will slightly change positions and on a second piece of acetate, draw the objects in a new angle.
4. Using carbon transfer paper, transfer some lines from both images onto a piece of paper.
5. Colour in each shape with tempera paint.
6. Outline everything with black India ink.
This idea came from the book: LINE Creative Painting Series by Barron's.